Poor academic results often do not have so much to do with the student’s intellectual capacity, as with their poor concentration or lack of use of study techniques. Many parents desperately watch how their child can spend hours in front of the book, only to receive poor grades on the test. This problem, however, has a solution. We give you a series of tips and requirements that you must work with your children so that they acquire appropriate study habits and methods:
Steps For Effective Learning
1. Create a suitable space for the study. Your child must have a table with enough space, where he has the necessary materials at hand, and the environment is quiet. It would help if you also conned with good lighting and a suitable chair. You have to avoid distractions such as TV, video games or the radio.
2. Facilitates your concentration. Avoid distractions around her, such as mobile phones, video games or television. Try to distribute your study in periods of 45 or 50 minutes, during which you should avoid interruptions as much as possible. Whenever you can, find a spur or hook to motivate him.
3. Teach him to plan. There are many tools on the web that you can use to write down your assignments and assignments and to plan your study schedules. For example, Google Calendar. From 7 to 12 years old, it is good to study between one and two hours a day during the week; from 13 to 18 you should increase your study time by one hour a day. Let him organize his tasks himself. This is not for English for kindergarteners (ภาษา อังกฤษ สำหรับ เด็ก อนุบาล which is the term in Thai).
4. Attention to the notes. Taking notes requires a task of attention and synthesis that can make studying much easier for your child. Teach him to write down the main ideas covered in class, as well as the specific facts that require memorization. Remind her that it will be easier if she includes headings and headings or uses her abbreviations.
5. Help him do extensive reading. No matter how much you reread a topic, it won’t do you any good if you don’t understand it. For the reading to be effective, you must understand what is being explained. This will facilitate their learning. If you do not understand a term, you can consult online encyclopedias such as the Great Planet Encyclopedia of dictionaries. Actions such as underlining or self-evaluation with questionnaires made by himself can also be very helpful.