A pressure gauge is a handy tool that can be used to measure the pressure of a gas or liquid. Most pressure gauges have two types of readings: PSI to Bar. In this article, we’ll show you how to use a pressure gauge to measure from psi to bar.
First, it is important to know the difference between PSI and Bar. PSI stands for pounds per square inch while Bar is the unit of atmospheric pressure. In order to convert from one unit to another, you will need to know the conversion factor.
Next, you will need to determine what range of pressure you are trying to measure. For this example, we will assume that you want to measure the pressure of air at sea level. The standard atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7 PSI or 1 Bar.
Now that you know the conversion factor and the range of pressure you want to measure, you can begin using the pressure gauge. First, set the dial on the gauge to 0 PSI or 0 Bar. Next, open the valve slowly until you hear air hissing out. At this point, do not let any more air escape and stop turning the valve.
Using a Pressure Gauge to Measure From PSI to Bar
- Use the right pressure gauge for the job. There are two main types of pressure gauges: digital and analog. If you’re using a digital pressure gauge, make sure that it’s set to read in psi. If you’re using an analog pressure gauge, look for one that has both psi and bar readings.
- Connect the pressure gauge to the object whose pressure you wish to measure. For example, if you want to measure the air pressure in your tires, use a tire gauge to connect the pressure gauge to your tire’s valve stem.
- Take a reading from the pressure gauge. On a digital pressure gauge, this will be displayed on the screen. On an analog pressure gauge, this will be the needle’s current position on the dial.
- To convert from psi to bar, divide the reading by 14.7. For example, if the reading on your digital pressure gauge says 100 psi, then 100 divided by 14.7 is 6.8 bar.
- To convert from bar to psi, multiply the reading by 14.7 (this is the atmospheric pressure at sea level). For example, if the reading on your digital pressure gauge says 6.8 bar, then 6.8 multiplied by 14.7 is 100 psi.
A pressure gauge is a helpful tool for measuring the pressure of liquids and gases. This guide has taught you how to use a pressure gauge to measure PSI (pounds per square inch) to bar. First, determine what size pressure gauge you need based on the range of pressure that needs to be measured. Next, connect the pressure gauge to the system using either a male or female connector. Finally, take a reading from the dial on the face of thepressure gauge. The needle on the dial will indicate how much pressure is currently being exerted.
A pressure gauge is a simple yet essential tool for anyone who works with gases or liquids under pressure—which means just about everyone!