With more and more women going for breast implant surgery. It has not remained an unknown idea anymore. Breast implants are done to modify the shape, size, and texture of one’s breasts. It is often done by women with congenital disorders or deformities leading to irregularly shaped breasts (one of such deformities for instance is breast cancer). However, many women undergo cosmetic surgery just to enhance the shape and sizes of their breasts to increase their self-esteem. But there are a lot of things to be kept in mind while going for an implant because just like any surgery it has a lot of complications behind it.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MAKING THE DECISION OF A BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY-
• With age the skin and muscles experience sagging and so do the breasts. Having an implant does not mean you avoid this natural phenomenon.
• Any cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance. Unless medical urgency calls for it like mastectomy for breast cancer, the breast implant surgery won’t be covered by your insurance.
• Depending upon the incision made a woman might or might not be able to breastfeed without complication after a breast implant surgery.
• Also, your breast might not look the same way even after 10 years as they look post-surgery. But one can go for surgeries furthermore to achieve the desired shape again.
PROCEDURE OF A BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY-
Before the surgery, the most important thing to do is a detailed discussion with your surgeon. Given, that breast implant surgery is a cosmetic surgery your surgeon must know your requirements in detail. A breast implant typically consists of an implant which is a cavity filled with substances such as silicone gel or saline gel. During the surgery, the patient is sedated with anesthesia and then a cut or incision is made in the breasts of the woman to place the implant. Usually, the cut is made either in the region of the nipple, the area under the breasts, or the region under the arms. Incisions are made in inconspicuous regions to avoid the risk of scarring being visible.
Then the pocket is placed within the muscles of a woman’s breasts and the incision is closed with stitches and then using surgical tapes and other such advanced adhesives. Being restrictive from alcohol and nicotine is advised after the surgery.
• After the surgery one can experience a certain level of bruising, swelling, soreness, and inflammation in their breasts, especially in the region where the incision was made.
• One should strictly avoid strenuous physical activities that can raise blood pressure or disbalance the healing process from the surgery.
• Plenty of rest and medications will help the patient to recover from the post-surgery issues and return to normal life within a few weeks.
• In case of unusual symptoms after the surgery like any scope of infection or fever or shortness of breath the patient needs to immediately contact their surgeon.
Breast Implant Surgery does sound scary but with correct information, one can make the right choices to rebuild their confidence in a brand-new fashion.