Urgent care centers are medical facilities that provide immediate, limited treatment for minor injuries and illnesses and evaluate and treat Orlando mental health issues and injuries, such as broken bones, sprains, and cuts. When you visit an urgent care center, you may receive a diagnosis and treatment for a medical condition within two hours of your arrival. The doctor will perform blood tests, X-rays, and other diagnostic procedures to evaluate your condition. You may also see a nurse practitioner who will discuss your symptoms in more detail, recommend additional tests if needed and provide treatment options.
Here are conditions addressed in an urgent care center.
- Mental health
- Allergic reactions
- Back pain
- Cancer pain (chemotherapy)
- Fever (mild)
- Headache (mild)
- Heartburn/GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
Why are urgent care services critical?
Treat a wide range of illnesses
Urgent care facilities are designed to provide a wide range of medical services, including:
- Emergencies – injuries and illnesses that require immediate attention.
- Minor injuries – sprains, cuts, and other minor conditions that can be treated without an overnight stay in the hospital.
- Autism and developmental disorders – Autism is children’s most common developmental disorder. Urgent care facilities can help parents deal with their child’s symptoms before they worsen.
- Mental health problems – Urgent care facilities offer treatment for mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. They also provide treatment for substance abuse problems such as alcoholism or drug addiction, which may be due to mental illness and physical factors.
Urgent care services are highly convenient
The patient does not have to go through the process of going to the hospital and waiting for hours before getting treated. There are many urgent care centers in most major cities. In most cases, these centers are open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, so it is easy to find one close to you or at your home.
Many people who go to urgent care centers have minor injuries or illnesses that could be treated immediately by a doctor or nurse practitioner in an emergency room setting. You can usually see a doctor within an hour or so of arriving at the center, regardless of when you arrived there (if needed). The wait time is usually shorter than waiting for an appointment at the hospital emergency room and getting an MRI test or other invasive procedure done there too.
If you do not have insurance coverage for medical care, then you may want to consider using an urgent care center where you will pay less per visit than if you were using a hospital emergency room for any kind of medical treatment that is not life-threatening.
Urgent and urgent care centers are staffed with medical professionals trained to provide high-quality health care. They welcome patients with same-day appointments, ensuring they get the best possible treatment on time.
Urgent care centers are designed to provide reliable, high-quality care to people experiencing minor ailments and injuries. In addition to treating common conditions, urgent care facilities such as Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic ER Care also offer treatments for some uncommon health problems. Get in touch with them today.